Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dualrecto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 6, 2008
I have updated itunes, but I do not see any app store in the sidebar. I do not have an iphone so I assume this is the reason. Am I missing something? Is there any way to view the applications without having an iphone? Thanks.

zeasar

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2008
Norn Iron
open itunes, select itunes stores on the left, click app store (with an orange "new" bubble beside it).

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
It must be different on a Mac versus a PC. No orange new area link for me (on PC) and I already had applications selected and all I see are the ipod apps.

However, I took a clue from one of the online pages and did a search for a game I knew was there. It was found and I was able to navigate back to the apps store with the other buttons then.

I wonder if I have to complete my install of 2.0 before it really shows automatically.

I guess I will find out if my 2.0 software ever finishes downloading. at 67% now.

bmms8

macrumors 68020
Dec 19, 2007
It must be different on a Mac versus a PC. No orange new area link for me (on PC) and I already had applications selected and all I see are the ipod apps.

However, I took a clue from one of the online pages and did a search for a game I knew was there. It was found and I was able to navigate back to the apps store with the other buttons then.

I wonder if I have to complete my install of 2.0 before it really shows automatically.

I guess I will find out if my 2.0 software ever finishes downloading. at 67% now.

Even on Macs, there is no appstore button, as far as i can see. Other members cannot find it also. The best way to access it is to go to preferences, click general, then check applications. Then close that and go to applications and at the bottom right there is a button to access it.

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
Even on Macs, there is no appstore button, as far as i can see. Other members cannot find it also. The best way to access it is to go to preferences, click general, then check applications. Then close that and go to applications and at the bottom right there is a button to access it.
there is on my mac...
picture4im1.png

extraextra

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2006
California
Just search for something like "Tetris" and a link will come up on the left for the Tetris game, and it will take you to the Games section of the App Store, and you can start navigating it from there.

robpow

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
I only see the App store after signing in with my UK based account.

Attachments

• app.jpg
    app.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 129
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.