Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mp3province

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
i got the latest version of itunes (7.7) and downloaded the 225 mb 2.0 firmware and updated the iphone.

now it says "welcome to your new iphone. lets get started......."

how do i activate/unlock/jailbreak this phone?

does ziphone or iliberty+ support 2.0? if not is there anyway of installing firmware 1.1.4 and then jailbreaking it?

any suggestions welcome. thanks

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
lol, methods are not releases and thus not possible at this time by the general public.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
i got the latest version of itunes (7.7) and downloaded the 225 mb 2.0 firmware and updated the iphone.

does ziphone or iliberty+ support 2.0? if not is there anyway of installing firmware 1.1.4 and then jailbreaking it?

I got the same screen. I was already on AT&T. I called Apple CS, and they told me to go through the whole process including selecting plans and saying 'yes' to a new 2 year contract. They said it wouldn't effect anything. So far so good.

mp3province

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
lol, methods are not releases and thus not possible at this time by the general public.

i'm sorry i don't understand the "methods are not releases" part.

can't i just install firmware 1.1.4? if so, how can this be done?

thanks again for any help! i feel helpless without my iphone

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
I called Apple CS, and they told me to go through the whole process including selecting plans and saying 'yes' to a new 2 year contract. They said it wouldn't effect anything.

knowing ATT i would make DAMN sure to check my bill in the coming months to make sure!

mp3province

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008

if i can't jailbreak my 2.0 iphone, then can't i just restore it to firmware version 1.1.4? how?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.