Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HELPMEUSEPCPAGES

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2016
HI!

I have recently started to travel for work, which has meant leaving my desktop mac in the office, and working from my PC laptop only. I have been pleasantly surprised to find that you can use Pages online on a PC now (via iCloud), and it is actually quite good. However, I am working on a large poster, which uses MARYDALE font-this font was downloaded (does not come as standard), and the font used cannot be changed (creative director's decision). Is there a way to add in this font (or any font!) to the pages online version?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much!

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
There doesn't seem to be a way to add additional fonts, even when accessing iCloud.com on a Mac. iCloud.com seems to be using an independent font collection, not the fonts installed on the computer.

I created a Pages document in Pages on my Mac, using one of my downloaded fonts. I saved it to iCloud, and opened it from iCloud.com on my Mac - the font I used does not appear in the iCloud.com font list, and the font I used was substituted by one of the stock fonts.

Tried to find any reference to Font Embedding for saved Pages docs - no.

superscape

macrumors 6502a
Feb 12, 2008
East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
I suspect would Apple fall into a world of font licensing pain if they were to allow arbitrary fonts to be uploaded. So that's probably the 'why not'. If the text is just a logo, a big header or something that's unlikely to change then you could think about making it into an image locally on your Mac and placing that in your document?

Last edited:

kiwipeso1

Suspended
Sep 17, 2001
Wellington, New Zealand
I suspect would Apple fall into a world of font licensing pain if they were to allow arbitrary fonts to be uploaded. So that's probably the 'why not'. If the text is just a logo, a big header or something that's unlikely to change then you could think about making it into an image locally on your Mac and placing that in your document?

Coincidently that is exactly what my user group covered last night, you can do it in pages 09 as a canvas document,
just save the font's words as a bitmap graphic through the screenshot (Command F4) and thenupload to your icloud pages document.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.