Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rfltr73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
When adding a new Contact on my iPhone or iPad, I would like to know how to choose which account to add the Contact to. With iOS 8 it always adds the contact to the default account setup under Mail Settings. I use my device for work and private matters and would like to add work Contacts to my companies Exchange contact list, and my private Contacts to my iCloud contact list. This is possible to do for Calendar items by selecting the appropriate Calendar on the appointment - but no option exists for Contacts.

Any ideas, or workarounds?

davehutch

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Croxley, Herts
If you select the Contact Group you intend to use first, then add the contact, doesn't it go into that specific Group?
I realise that's not much use if you're adding it any other way than manually typing it in, such as the automatic add details method.

rfltr73

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2014
If you select the Contact Group you intend to use first, then add the contact, doesn't it go into that specific Group?
I realise that's not much use if you're adding it any other way than manually typing it in, such as the automatic add details method.

Thanks for this...I had been doing this under iOS 7 but didn't seem to be working on iOS8.0 - but works again on later versions.

Is a real pain and would be great if Apple can add way to select the Contact list before saving, and also so that automatic "add to new contact" works too.

Cheers!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.