Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Thomas Harte

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
I want to list some software I have developed on Version Tracker. I have signed up as a "Developer" but cannot find a "list project" thing anywhere. Can anyone help?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
1) Go to http://www.versiontracker.com/macosx/
2) Log in as a developer (Developer in the top right)
3) In the left hand sidebar at the top is a section title Add New Product. Make sure the drop down is on Mac Product and click Go.
4) Fill in all the boxes etc and submit the product. It'll take a couple of hours for them to look at it and approve...

Thomas Harte

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 30, 2005
Okay, I want to http://www.versiontracker.com, I click "Developers" in the top right and I am taken to a screen with a white box headed "Developer Connect" and a blue sidebar with a "Sign Up Today!" box and a "Developer Login" box. I put my details into the login box and click "Login". I am taken to a much whiter screen on secure.versiontracker.com that reports "Invalid e-mail address or password". I reenter my details in the boxes there and click "Login" and am taken back to the previous blue/white screen. Now, however, the top right of the screen says "ThomasHarte | My Account | Logout", implying that I logged in successfully. But the blue sidebar is still just "Sign-Up Today" and "Developer Login".

Suspecting I might have some sort of non-developer account set up for which I need to request additional privileges, I tried again to "Sign-Up Today" through the blue sidebar on Version Tracker. After clicking the confirm link emailed to me I get a page telling me that email confirmation has failed and the wonderfully meaningful error:

dbconnection Object ( [errno] => 0 [errmsg] => [_link] => [_linkMaster] => [_linkSlave] => [_useReplication] => [_db] => )

It's like using Windows all over again! I guess I will try again in a few days. In the meantime - MacUpdate all the way!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.