Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have 4s with iOS 7.1.2. Any ideas how to do this? I am still using camera, only want to disable from the lock screen. Many times, it activate without notice and run out phone's battery.

Thanks

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
With the stock iOS you can't disable just the lockscreen camera access...you'd have to disable the camera app completely via Restrictions settings.

Your iOS version is one that can be jailbroken and there's a tweak to do what you want.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Any ideas how you are launching it accidentally? Is it when you are trying to unlock the phone (in which case you would notice it), or does it happen under some other conditions?

Xenomorph

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
St. Louis
Hi everyone,

I have 4s with iOS 7.1.2. Any ideas how to do this? I am still using camera, only want to disable from the lock screen. Many times, it activate without notice and run out phone's battery.

Thanks

This is like asking how to stop accidentally texting a friend, or resizing a photo, or deleting emails.

The camera does not activate on its own. It requires someone to touch/grab/slide buttons on the interface.

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 3, 2012
It's easy to accidentally swipe up the lock screen, especially when holding the phone. I have jailbroken, any ideas what tweak should be installed? I'm looking that kind tweak but could not found.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.