Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carlos28355

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 6, 2012
My garage automation to close and open upon leaving and arrival keeps asking if i want to run is annoying and defeats the purpose of what i want to do. I heard there is a way to "trick" it using another home kit based item but im not sure which or what. There was mention of a home bridge or something. Can someone shed light on this and if you know how to do it whats the cheapest way to do it? I hope i make sense. Thanks!

Last edited:

Jarrodbcall

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2013
My garage automation to close and open upon leaving and arrival keeps asking if i want to run is annoying and defeats the purpose of what i want to do. I heard there is a way to "trick" it using another home kit based item but im not sure which or what. There was mention of a home bridge or something. Can someone shed light on this and if you know how to do it whats the cheapest way to do it? I hope i make sense. Thanks!

I had a similar problem and had to create a work around with another accessory. I have a lightbulb in my closet that only turns on when I arrive home, and then the garage is set to open when that light turns on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.