Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
Looking to the future as I buy a new iPhone every single year and I am concerned about my jailbreak which I put a lot of time and effort into setting up perfectly.

Is there an app that backs up your entire jailbreak to say, iCloud, for example?

Looking through YouTube I see mention of apps like BATCHOMATIC and SNAPBACK. I haven't tried them yet.

Just want to be able to backup my jailbreak, transfer it to a new phone, and then once I jailbreak the new phone I can easily reinstall everything with one app.

Does such a process exist? And where does the backup get stored to?

Thank you, guys!

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
At one time I used PKGBackup. Not sure if they've updated or not, but I'd guess they haven't. That's about all I'm aware of. I'd ask on the jailbreak subreddit.

Reactions: NJRonbo

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
I downloaded SnapBack for that same reason. Also if you install Batchomatic it’ll create a .deb file of all your tweaks so when you get your new phone all you have to do is load up Cydia, install batchomatic and find your .deb file; voila all tweaks restored!

NJRonbo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 10, 2007
I downloaded SnapBack for that same reason. Also if you install Batchomatic it’ll create a .deb file of all your tweaks so when you get your new phone all you have to do is load up Cydia, install batchomatic and find your .deb file; voila all tweaks restored!

Thank You! I did try Batchomatic and it created a backup that I am storing in BOX.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.