Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R.T.J.

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 3, 2021
Hello.

There is a user who is an annoyance everywhere. Personally, I have no clue how he hasn't being banned.

How can I block him?

Thank you.

Reactions: PC_tech

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Hello.

There is a user who is an annoyance everywhere. Personally, I have no clue how he hasn't being banned.

How can I block him?

Thank you.
I believe he is actually a she. However, to simply use the ignore feature [See attachment below], click on said username and click ignore, then you cannot see any of their post(s). And whatever you do, do _not_ click ‘show ignored content’.

Attachments

• F180DAD3-0578-4994-8D3F-DA0AF259F5DE.png
    F180DAD3-0578-4994-8D3F-DA0AF259F5DE.png
    663.4 KB · Views: 247
  • Haha
Reactions: N69AP and kevcube

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
[MOD NOTE]
There was no need to name a member that you wish to block, and is not something we permit, i.e., I'm blocking member xyz. RP above provided the steps to block the content of the member

Reactions: B4U
Oct 17, 2021
Opening up this thread again, but when I select ignore on a user’s profile, will they still be able to comment and react to my comments?

Blocking hides comments so you don’t have to read them unless you wish to. It does not change their functionality. Unless they break the TOS and have their posting privileges revoked of course they can still post comments. And yes they can even still leave a positive or negative reaction face to your comments. ??‍♂️

People ought to remember:
Don’t be so self focused.
Everyone gets rejected sometimes.
Don’t let others get to you.
If all else fails have the inner strength to avert your eyes.

Developing those traits will yield better returns.

GuruZac

macrumors 68040
Sep 9, 2015
⛰️🏕️🏔️
Blocking hides comments so you don’t have to read them unless you wish to. It does not change their functionality. Unless they break the TOS and have their posting privileges revoked of course they can still post comments. And yes they can even still leave a positive or negative reaction face to your comments. ??‍♂️

People ought to remember:
Don’t be so self focused.
Everyone gets rejected sometimes.
Don’t let others get to you.
If all else fails have the inner strength to avert your eyes.

Developing those traits will yield better returns.
Wise words at the end. At the end of the day, it’s a forum, can’t take stuff personally. Thanks for the info.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Oct 17, 2021

True.

The request to hide reactions is a silly waste of effort in my opinion. But if MR wants to put resources to it they can knock themselves out. Saying no can be an appropriate reply. As a matter of fact, parents ought to say it more often…but I digress.

PC_tech

Suspended
Jan 17, 2019
Opening up this thread again, but when I select ignore on a user’s profile, will they still be able to comment and react to my comments?
Unfortunately they can react and you'll see it, personally I'd rather not see them reacting to my posts, I ignore them for a reason.

Reactions: ipedro

PC_tech

Suspended
Jan 17, 2019
True.

The request to hide reactions is a silly waste of effort in my opinion. But if MR wants to put resources to it they can knock themselves out. Saying no can be an appropriate reply. As a matter of fact, parents ought to say it more often…but I digress.
It's not silly, I ignore certain people and I don't care to see them reacting to my posts, I ignore them for a reason.

ipedro

macrumors 603
Nov 30, 2004
Toronto, ON
True.

There's a user who reacts with a laughing emoji at all my posts. Of course I've ignored them but what they're doing is a form of harassment and there's no way out of it. There should be a block feature on this site.

Beyond the use case I mentioned, people have brought up having a stalker who follows them from site to site and there's no way to prevent them from seeing the victim's posts, nor are they doing anything against the TOS so they can't be banned.

Solution: introduce a block feature please.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
There's a user who reacts with a laughing emoji at all my posts. Of course I've ignored them but what they're doing is a form of harassment and there's no way out of it. There should be a block feature on this site.

Beyond the use case I mentioned, people have brought up having a stalker who follows them from site to site and there's no way to prevent them from seeing the victim's posts, nor are they doing anything against the TOS so they can't be banned.

If you feel a user is harrassing you via reactions, send a report and we'll take a look. Harrassment isn't allowed.

Users who are being stalked can also contact us so we can work together to discuss different solutions.

Reactions: ipedro

turbineseaplane

macrumors P6
Mar 19, 2008

I've experienced the same.

It's why I started the other thread asking to be able to not see reaction emoji's from folks who are on your ignore list.
Folks who do trolling know they can get around any "being ignored" by emoji trolling.

It's a big hole in the experience here.

A legit "completely blocking everything about someone" feature would be so welcome (ala reddit .. where the user is just "gone").

I'd honestly become a paying MR member if that were a feature offered.

• Wow
Reactions: N69AP

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza

I had that exact same issue with a user who was always "HaHa!" my posts via the reaction. However, I learned that the jokes on them, as each "HaHa" is actually a +1 to my reaction score. Not that I care, but according to mods and admins, it helps visibility.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.