Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

X--X

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 11, 2015
I have tried replacing the Mojave.heic in Library/Desktop Pictures, I looked into the Cache and so on... it seems imposible to get rid of that wallpaper.

Anybody any ideas why the Desert Day Wallpaper always shows up (with FileVault enabled)

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i mentioned this in another thread; am seeing that too, and i don't use filevault.

the only way i've (so far) found to get rid of it (and only see my selected wallpaper) is to disable the 'guest' account, something i don't want to do (it's essential to 'find my mac').

the mojave wallpaper also shows up behind "you shut down your computer because of a problem"...

dsemf

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2014
I suspect that the FileVault logon wallpaper is in the Recovery or Preboot volume. The main volume has not been unlocked yet so it cannot come from there.

DS

Reactions: NoBoMac

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
This^^^^. FileVault boot is a bare-bones setup. And doing a quick scan in that file system, not seeing any wallpaper elements. Just, basically, a pre-linked kernel, and the account/password information.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.