Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
I don't want to remove it, just want it to display different sites.. is there anyway to change the sites in frequently visited drop down section ?

Reactions: LayneL

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Yes, look at other sites more frequently :D
Why would you NOT want Frequently Visited to show your current common web sites, and what would you call it then.
You can change your "favorites" tabs to other sites that are more - well - your favorites.

The purpose of "frequently visited" (FV) is to show your "frequently visited" sites, is it not?
If you visit other sites (other than your current FV), then those more frequently visited would swap out with what you see now.

Maybe that only makes sense to me...
Unless I am missing something about your question?

• Haha
Reactions: LuisN

Jess13

Suspended
Nov 3, 2013
I don't want to remove it, just want it to display different sites.. is there anyway to change the sites in frequently visited drop down section ?

You’re able to edit it. It isn’t straight forward as it could be in letting you know how to do this, but you can edit it easily. For example, when you’re at a website/page you want to add to frequently visited: click the location bar to show the website’s icon, then drag it to frequently visited.

You would drag the MacRumors’ apple icon

FV.png

You’re able to drag icons out of frequently visited to delete them, and if you’re editing your frequently visited list while in a new window or tab (not through clicking the location bar to show it), try dragging them off the main center area of that window/tab to delete.

Last edited:
Reactions: LayneL

LayneL

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2020
Carmel, CA
You’re able to edit it. It isn’t straight forward as it could be in letting you know how to do this, but you can edit it easily. For example, when you’re at a website/page you want to add to frequently visited: click the location bar to show the website’s icon, then drag it to frequently visited.

View attachment 624865
You’re able to drag icons out of frequently visited to delete them, and if you’re editing your frequently visited list while in a new window or tab (not through clicking the location bar to show it), try dragging them off the main center area of that window/tab to delete.
The icon does not stick when I drag into the frequently visited sites. I had 12 sites showing originally, and deleted one that I hadn't visited in months (not sure why it was added in the first place). With the previous "Top Sites" system, a new site would jump in to fill the void; no longer the case with Frequently Visited. There is one site that I have visited multiple times a day for the last week, but it has not been included, and this is the site I'm trying to add. My Frequently visited is still showing the 11 remaining sites, notably most of which I have not visited at all in the last week.

I should add, that I am running Safari 14.0 in Catalina 10.15.6

LuisN

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2013
Torres Vedras, Portugal
The icon does not stick when I drag into the frequently visited sites. I had 12 sites showing originally, and deleted one that I hadn't visited in months (not sure why it was added in the first place). With the previous "Top Sites" system, a new site would jump in to fill the void; no longer the case with Frequently Visited. There is one site that I have visited multiple times a day for the last week, but it has not been included, and this is the site I'm trying to add. My Frequently visited is still showing the 11 remaining sites, notably most of which I have not visited at all in the last week.

I should add, that I am running Safari 14.0 in Catalina 10.15.6
Don't know if this will solve anything but it's worth spending 5 minutes seeing it:

chort_vozmee

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2021

View attachment 624865
Yes, good info. I tried this just now, but it seems MacBook hates Google. No matter how many times I try, it won't let me add Google to Frequently Visited. And I go to Google search 50 times a day, more than any other website. This is ridiculous!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.