Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
I used ThinkPad as iTunes library to sync with iPad, but the HD space is small, so that I want to change iTunes library from ThinkPad to Mac mini.

What can I do? I don't want to erase all in iPad, but I want to Mac mini can sync with iPad.

zeuxidamas

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2010
Central VA
No Other Way That I Know Of

Having been through this on other Apple devices, I think the only way to do this is to suck up losing your iPad cfg. Moving your iTunes library is easy. You can just copy it to your Mac Mini, either over a network, or by dumping all of your music files to an external hard drive and then connecting said drive to your Mac.

You copy the files over, then log into the iTunes Store once the first time the Mac Mini tries to play any DRM protected tune. Once you've logged in, you'll be ok to play any DRM protected tunes.

The part that will not be all that cool is shifting from a Windows machine sync to an OS X machine sync. You'll likely have to reset your iPad to factory setting via the sync interface in iTunes the first time you hook it up to your Mac. Don't worry about losing any content; you just need to select the same cfg items in the options tabs for syncing your iPad and all of the media and content will come back for the most part.

But your home screen cfgs, any setting you normally access via the access dock will be be setup as the defaults that were there when you bought the device.
- Vr/Zeux..>>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.