Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jagooch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 17, 2009
Denver, co
Today I changed the login/username for my Facebook account . Afterwards my Mac prompted me to re-enter credentials for my Facebook Internet account. I went to System Preferences->Internet Accounts->Facebook and didn't see a way to change the username.

The prompt re-occured and this time I clicked on it. The next popup window had a place for me to enter my password but no way to update the username.

I ended up deleting and re-adding the Internet account to correct the username, but I'm wondering what I'm missing that I cannot change the username?

Or perhaps there isn't an easy way to change your Internet account username? Apple could not miss such an obvious detail, could it?

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Quick look through the accounts I have setup and it only appears that you can edit the description for the account, not the username. Only way to do so would be doing what you did - removing and re-adding the account. Considering it really only is used for notifications and linking into other applications (Mail, contacts, calendar, etc.) there is no harm in removing it and re-adding it. Just a pain in the ass.

For reference, I am using 10.11.6 - so it could be updated later. But based on your signature, 10.13 still has the same issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.