Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexandreb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 30, 2022
Brazil
Hello everyone!

Hope someone can help me with this question of mine.

I have bought an iPad 9 gn for studies purposes. In this aquisition, I have also bought a support to the iPad with the intent of using the Logitech folio as a Bluetooth keyboard too (the principal idea of the Logitech folio is turning the iPad in a mini laptop), as the connection with the iPad is done with a bluetooth connection, not the smart connector.

That said, the Logitech folio only 'turns on' when the iPad is docked on the folio, and there's no other way that I know of making use of this keyboard without docking it.

Does someone know how I can 'cheat' the connection to use the keyboard as an bluetooth keyboard too? Because as far as I know it doesn't works using the smart connector, making my idea not so far from reality as it seems to be.

It would be great if someone could help me solve this problem.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• HNTD2_AV1.jpg
    HNTD2_AV1.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 78

Isamilis

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2012
Not answering your question. But, as long as Bluetooth keyboard, why not getting Apple keyboard (the one that came with iMac)? It’s thin, light, stylish, easy to charge, long battery life and compatible with Apple’s keyboard shortcut.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.