Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cSalmon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2016
dc
Hoping someone can point me towards instructions on how to properly do a clean install for iOS 11?

I have search google and Apple's Communities (most horrible forums on the net) from google I get results that instruct me to download an IPSW file yet the link is not taking me to Apple therefore I'm not trusting it.

I just can't believe how poor the search results have been looking for this info. Any help in how to completely erase my iPhone 6s+ 10.3.3 and do a clean install to iOS 11 would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

bbrks

macrumors 65816
Dec 17, 2013
Or, you can use ipsw.me site to download all IPSW which are signed by Apple and than do a DFU restore and setup as new. This way you will totally erase everything and start from scratch :)

Reactions: Apple_Robert

codefive89

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2018
Hoping someone can point me towards instructions on how to properly do a clean install for iOS 11?

I have search google and Apple's Communities (most horrible forums on the net) from google I get results that instruct me to download an IPSW file yet the link is not taking me to Apple therefore I'm not trusting it.

I just can't believe how poor the search results have been looking for this info. Any help in how to completely erase my iPhone 6s+ 10.3.3 and do a clean install to iOS 11 would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
In order to perform a clean install, you need to turn off find my iPhone on the device or remove it from iCloud.com through the find my iPhone app then just plug your device to
Your computer and set your device into recovery mode by holding the power and home button down on the 6s until you see the iTunes logo also make sure that you are signed out of iTunes before you do this process. Next proceed with clicking on the restore button when ever it comes up then iTunes will prompt restore and update to be clicked on then it will start the download of the iOS software in iTunes and then begin the restore process on the iPhone.

Sheldonsmith

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2011
In order to perform a clean install, you need to turn off find my iPhone on the device or remove it from iCloud.com through the find my iPhone app then just plug your device to
Your computer and set your device into recovery mode by holding the power and home button down on the 6s until you see the iTunes logo also make sure that you are signed out of iTunes before you do this process. Next proceed with clicking on the restore button when ever it comes up then iTunes will prompt restore and update to be clicked on then it will start the download of the iOS software in iTunes and then begin the restore process on the iPhone.
Great thank you... I am keeping this for future reference...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.