Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 1, 2021
I understand that this may be the wrong site for this but I'll just go ahead since there could still be users here that have Windows computers and have installed the iCloud for Windows [Windows 7 and Windows 8.x] and use it to access iCloud files/photos/videos or upload and download...

Someone asked me to have the photos and videos stored on iCloud to be downloaded to a Windows computer and for this purpose I decided to install the iCloud for Windows non-Store version even though it is on Windows 10... I have downloaded the photos and videos per year and so far so good until I attempted to download the 2nd to the last folder and the status showing is downloading 300plus items without any change and no noticeable change in download speed, just a few Kbps to 0 Kbps and I verified that internet is still working since I can browse websites on the same device...

I have disconnected and reconnected to the wi-fi network, restarted computer but the progress was still on downloading 300 plus items and the number has not gone down... I tried to search for a way to cancel the current download and start a new request but so far the only thing I found that may help is to try to choose another download folder... I am looking for another way to stop the download without changing the download directory yet... I have found a suggestion of deleting some hidden folders after signing out and uninstalling the iCloud for Windows app but the folders to be removed were never mentioned... Has anyone of you experienced this before? I have already downloaded and installed the latest iCloud for Windows but it did not help...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.