Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
I hate how you have to click the notification then click open for it to open. I just want to be able to click it and it open. It’s annoying having to click it then click open. Anyone know of a fix? Tried to upload a pic it said it was to big. But most of you will no what I’m talking about.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Not sure what you mean. On the lock screen with Face ID to unlock you just click on the Notification and it opens in the App. One click. Also on he Home screen if you scroll down for Notifications it is just one click.

Last edited:
Reactions: TechNismo

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Not sure what you mean. On the lock screen with Face ID to unlock you just click on the Notification and it opens in the App. One click. Also on he Home screen if you scroll down for Notifications it is just one click.
No I’m talking about being on the phone and pulling down the bar and clicking then. I don’t even have Face ID activated...

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
I hate how you have to click the notification then click open for it to open. I just want to be able to click it and it open. It’s annoying having to click it then click open. Anyone know of a fix? Tried to upload a pic it said it was to big. But most of you will no what I’m talking about.
To post the pic, edit it by shrinking (cropping) it enough to fit what you need. Should then upload.

I would've thought that if you've unlocked your phone, then it should behave like prior models & open just by tapping once..(don't have an X so can't say for sure).

Badcat

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2018
Yep-I have the same question....I reset my iPhone X and it used to be that I could just click on a text notification and it would open. Now it won’t, it slides to the right and I have to click on “open”. Can’t for the life of me figure out how to change it!!!

dirksy

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2021
Yep-I have the same question....I reset my iPhone X and it used to be that I could just click on a text notification and it would open. Now it won’t, it slides to the right and I have to click on “open”. Can’t for the life of me figure out how to change it!!!
I had the same problem. I reset my iPhone XR and it was like I went back in time. After I set up my face ID it worked like clockwork. That's why everybody else in here is clueless about this because their face IDs are already set up. I hope this helps. Back to the future.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.