Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

James2McGill3

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 9, 2019
Buy a stoftmoln 24cm light ifrom ikea and would like to connect to homekit app in ipad how do i do??

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
Buy a stoftmoln 24cm light ifrom ikea and would like to connect to homekit app in ipad how do i do??
The light should’ve came with a HomeKit code. Tap on the + sign at the top of the HomeKit app, then “add accessory.” From there you should be able to scan or enter the code. Run through the options and it should appear on the HomeKit app.

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
There is no qr code in the lamp. sned message to ike (waiting response)
I’m not familiar with the IKEA products but I do know that every HomeKit supported accessory has an 8 digit code and/or a scannable QR code. Should be somewhere on the accessory itself. Some will also have it in the instruction manual or a separate card enclosed in the box.

There is an exception though. If the accessories were available for purchase prior to getting HomeKit support and later got it with a firmware update, then the code may be generated via software with the manufacturer’s app. An example of this is the LIFX switch.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
I think you need their hub to be able to add things to homekit. (but not 100% sure)

Itinj24

Contributor
Nov 8, 2017
New York
You need a TRÅDFRI gateway or a DIRIGERA hub.
Ok so if you plan on getting either one of those, they should have a HomeKit code. Use the steps I provided above to add it to HomeKit. Then any device you add to the gateway or hub should automatically populate into HomeKit.

erihp

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
Ok so if you plan on getting either one of those, they should have a HomeKit code. Use the steps I provided above to add it to HomeKit. Then any device you add to the gateway or hub should automatically populate into HomeKit.
yep

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.