Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I went for a jog yesterday and decided to listen to Spotify. I also used a Bluetooth headset, so it was the first time I've run with three devices (iPhone, Apple Watch, and earbuds) completely wirelessly.

I noticed that the Music app on the Apple Watch could only control iTunes music, not the Spotify music that was currently playing from my phone and broadcasting via Bluetooth to my headset.

Is there a native way to skip to the next song in Spotify or Pandora from the Apple Watch? Thanks!

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I went for a jog yesterday and decided to listen to Spotify. I also used a Bluetooth headset, so it was the first time I've run with three devices (iPhone, Apple Watch, and earbuds) completely wirelessly.

I noticed that the Music app on the Apple Watch could only control iTunes music, not the Spotify music that was currently playing from my phone and broadcasting via Bluetooth to my headset.

Is there a native way to skip to the next song in Spotify or Pandora from the Apple Watch? Thanks!
In the dock the "Now Playing" appears and changes to podcasts or Spotify or what ever you use. I use it all the time

Reactions: jent and PackyP

PackyP

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2016
Pandora has a watch app that will let you control from the watch.

Spotify app is in the works with no release date known.

IMG_1508.PNG IMG_1507.PNG

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
In the dock the "Now Playing" appears and changes to podcasts or Spotify or what ever you use. I use it all the time
Thank you! That was easy. I was only looking in the Music app on the Home screen which is why I didn't check the Dock.

Reactions: xDKP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.