Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
Long story short,

I still have the amazing at the time Cinema Display HD 23" in plexiglass, I got it an ADC to DVI adapter so I could use it with other hardware and since I am going to get a Raspberry to be used as a music server I was wondering if there is a way to use the display along with the Raspberry through some sort of adaptor so that the HDMI output of the Pi can be converted to DVI (which I guess being DVI-D in the case of the original ADC to DVI adapter), any hints?

grazie

p.s. I see some female DVI to male HDMI on the usual Amazon, would these work?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I see some female DVI to male HDMI on the usual Amazon, would these work?
These adapters will work fine with a normal display that has a straight DVI connection. I don't know how they'll do with the Apple display with the ADC adapter in there.

Cancelled
Feb 12, 2005
Fyi, I erroneously assumed your ACD is similar to mine; however, just realised it isn't. Mine is the ACD 23" in Aluminium with DVI, no ADC interface.

In short, mentioned adapter plugs directly into the RasPi and the DVI port of the cinema display.

Giuanniello

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 21, 2012
Capri - Italy
My case is different since the ADC to DVI adapter is a box where the ADC connector from the display plugs in and then on the other side of the box a DVI cable runs to the computer, what I'd need is to go from computer's, the Raspberry Pi in this instance, HDMI to converter's DVI which is a male plug so female DVI to male HDMI which there is plenty of on Amazon or eBay but just wondering if they work and not throwing money out of the window.

Grazie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.