Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silverlakerCA

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 2, 2020
Years ago I owned a little puck sized device that allow me to put my RCA cables into the device and then the puck device outputted digital files into my computer. can't find that thing any more.

Now I want to transfer audio cassettes of spoken word of my late parents. I would prefer not to buy one of the cheap quality USB-ready cassette players. I'd like to use a traditional audio cassette player and transfer off that.

can you suggest the best way to do accomplish this?
Thanks.

mikzn

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2013
North Vancouver
Years ago I owned a little puck sized device that allow me to put my RCA cables into the device and then the puck device outputted digital files into my computer. can't find that thing any more.

Now I want to transfer audio cassettes of spoken word of my late parents. I would prefer not to buy one of the cheap quality USB-ready cassette players. I'd like to use a traditional audio cassette player and transfer off that.

can you suggest the best way to do accomplish this?
Thanks.

Maybe something like this ? Low Cost / 192khz Analog Audio Converter

Or if you are looking for better quality? - Scarlett 4i4 audio interface

If you are not too concerned about high quality you could run the audio into the voice memos app - I have the scarlet 4i4 and have used it strait into voice memos when I don't want to mess around with Garage Band, Pro Tools / Audacity etc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.