Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
hey all, I have several ms powerpoint presentations saved on disk and my h/drive. i want to convert these to use with apple works on my ibook. how can i do this? i cant afford ms works for mac so downloading that is not possible. is there anyway, apart from copying each individuial slide from ms powerpoint and pasting it in apple workds presentation (which im not doin as there are 500+ slides) ??? im really strugling, and i only have 2 days of my free powerpoint trial left. please help!

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Hi john,
Just drag and drop your ppt file on the Keynote2 app icon (in your Dock if you have it there) and it will open in Keynote.
X

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
hi thanks all for your help. i just checked and i dont have keynote and here in the UK its £50 - ouch! i can't afford that either, at the moment im trying to find a way to pay of apple protection for my ibook at £200 - so i think iWorks will have to wait a while. it was hard enough getting the money to pay for iLife '05 Up-To-Date which should have come free. ahh! i love my iBook and all, and i thought once i shelled out all the money for it, i would have to pay anything on top. how wrong could i be! £200 insurance, iLife £15, ms works 4 apple £100 OR iWork at £50. it all adds up!

any other ideas or should i give in now?
thanks again though!

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
Thanks everyone but no luck!

munkle said:
Use OpenOffice, it's free and handles .ppt files great. It has its limitations but will serve your needs and you can't beat the price! :)

I tried this, and after waiting nearly an hour to download it and X11 from the apple website, i opened it and there was lot of error messages . i don't know what went wrong . i just uninstalled - even that didn't work, i had to delete the files myself which i hope worked.
but thanks for trying though!
jon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.