Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Crystal21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2021
I’ve done some research online and it seems the only way is to add them to ‘Files’ and then individually convert each one. It would take months for me to find the time to do that. Is there an easier way?

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
I’ve done some research online and it seems the only way is to add them to ‘Files’ and then individually convert each one. It would take months for me to find the time to do that. Is there an easier way?

Do you have a Mac? If you do you can convert batches of heic files to PNG from Finder.

6233548bc5cf2000184d9db1

Reactions: chabig

Cancelled
Jul 5, 2022
Select the photos you want to convert -> tap the 3 dots -> copy -> open Files and paste into a folder of your choosing. It will automatically convert them to JPEG.

I just tested this by selecting 30 random photos and it seamlessly converted to JPEG and pasted a copy to my folder.

Reactions: Crystal21

Spaceboi Scaphandre

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2022
No, unfortunately not. I only have an iPad and iPhone.

If you have an iPad then do this:

Open the Photos App on your iPad and tap on the Select option. Select the Photo/Photos that you want to convert to PNG format and tap on the Share Icon located in bottom menu. Then select Save to Files and choose PNG as the file format

Reactions: Crystal21

Crystal21

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2021
I don’t know how but Snapfish has suddenly accepted them all and says they’re JPEG’s, even though my iPad is still saying a lot of them are HEIF. I haven’t done anything. It’s very strange but problem sorted 😁. I’ve changed my settings to make sure all future photos are JPEG’s.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
You can also install Send Anywhere app (free but with ads, no ads once paid) and it has a setting to convert HEIF to JPEG during transfer...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.