Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thecousin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Bavaria

ziggyonice

macrumors 68020
Mar 12, 2006
Rural America
The Dock can easily be customized to your liking by moving around and replacing a few files. You can do this manually or by downloading an application to assist you (CandyBar is a popular example, although there are many others).

There are a lot of different websites that feature themes for the Dock (LeopardDocks.com and Dockulicious are both popular options).

Tiger_Dock_for_Leopard_Beta_by_gpersaud.png

Anyway, I just did a quick Google search and came up with a download for a Tiger-style Dock here. It appears there are instructions provided with the download to tell you how to change it, although more detailed instructions can be found on LeopardDocks.com.

thecousin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Bavaria
no idea here? :confused:
I can't believe that there is no opportunity to change the background of the 2D-Dock without losing it's function...

thecousin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 20, 2009
Bavaria
Thank you, but CandyBar can just manage different 3D-Dock designs :(
I think the other 4 apps are doing the same... Mac OS X is so complicated if you just want to bring back one single feature from an old OS to the new OS.. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.