Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RazorBackXX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2023
hey my friends, I recently made a account for my girlfriend so she could do some organizing. (using a tiny SE wasn't cutting it) & after she was finished I deleted her account. I made sure to select the (Delete home folder options as well) & her folder is still there. I have tried deleting it & it says I can't. ive tried unlocking the users folder & it wont let me. what do I do to delete her folder? ive attached 4 screenshots to help better explain. please help me delete the folder its bugging my ocd so bad. also 3 of the photos explain why it can't be deleted. Library, Application ect can't be deleted because it's in use.

Attachments

• Folder Problem 3.png
    Folder Problem 3.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 78
  • Folder Problem 4.png
    Folder Problem 4.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Folder Problem 2.png
    Folder Problem 2.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Folder Problem 1.png
    Folder Problem 1.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 40

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Shut down your Mac (so the power is completely off)
Reboot.
Try to delete that folder again.
You may need to disable SIP to remove the folder. (Re-enable SIP when you have that folder deleted.)

Reactions: RazorBackXX

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
You haven't told us WHICH MAC you have, what year it was made, and what OS it's running.
Unless you provide this info, it can be difficult to suggest solutions.
So... I'll guess.

Power down, all the way off.

Boot into safe mode.
On an Intel Mac, hold down the shift key, press the power on button, KEEP HOLDING DOWN the shift key for a while.

When you get logged in, NOW try to delete the account.

Safe mode is a little different on m-series Macs:

Reactions: RazorBackXX

RazorBackXX

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 1, 2023
You haven't told us WHICH MAC you have, what year it was made, and what OS it's running.
Unless you provide this info, it can be difficult to suggest solutions.
So... I'll guess.

Power down, all the way off.

Boot into safe mode.
On an Intel Mac, hold down the shift key, press the power on button, KEEP HOLDING DOWN the shift key for a while.

When you get logged in, NOW try to delete the account.

Safe mode is a little different on m-series Macs:
thanks my friend, going forward I will provide the following info It didn't even cross my mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.