Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UserX14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
It seems I can only delete contacts by going into each one. Is there a way to delete select contacts en masse when in iPhone?
Thanks

antiprotest

macrumors 601
Apr 19, 2010
It seems impossible on the iPhone itself. But if it is synced with iCloud, then log in to iCloud.com, go into Contacts, select all the contacts you want to delete, then click the lower left settings button and choose delete (or just press delete on your keyboard). If the contacts are synced elsewhere, like on Gmail, then delete from there. This is the only way I know to delete many contacts at the same time.

UserX14

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Thanks for your reply.
FYI I'm not yet familiar with iCloud. But, what I hear you saying use this:
I can get an account and upload my contacts to iCloud. Then when I edit them in iCloud it will change what is on my iPhone. ??

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thanks for your reply.
I can get an account and upload my contacts to iCloud. Then when I edit them in iCloud it will change what is on my iPhone. ??
That's correct.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
Thanks for your reply.

I recommend using Google. Google is the most convenient place to have your contacts, because you can sync them from so many places. Your iPhone, Android devices, desktop computers running OS X and Windows, and so on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.