Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lasloduncan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 2, 2015
seems like when I plug iphone into imac they photos all duplicate themselves I am sure that is an other uniqie mac feature and a really valid reason for it-----other then annoying for me.....goes with some of the other "uniuqe" mac features -
so need to declutter from time to time...thank you.

santa

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2003
The program in gemini2 can find duplicate files and delete them for you or allow you to manually choose which to delete

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
You’ve got your computer iPhone settings (iTunes /Finder) to sync with the phone. Turn that crap off.

This app works fine but kinda slow.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
You’ve got your computer iPhone settings (iTunes /Finder) to sync with the phone. Turn that crap off.

This app works fine but kinda slow.

And which of these settings you mentioned are supposedly responsible for photo duplication?

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
seems like when I plug iphone into imac they photos all duplicate themselves I am sure that is an other uniqie mac feature and a really valid reason for it-----other then annoying for me.....goes with some of the other "uniuqe" mac features -
so need to declutter from time to time...thank you.

On which device do you then see the duplicates? Mac or iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.