Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lifeform

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 10, 2009
Hi,

To my big surprise I thought I had deleted all e-mails yesterday, both Inbox, Sent messages and also in the Bin (Deleted Mails).

Both when I then opened my second Mac - ALL the messages where still visible in the Apple Mail-app on that computer.

Is there a setting we need to enable to delete them finally from all Apple-servers and in ALL clients, iPhone, all my Macs + iPad?

Very strange **** this, and would very much liked to wipe out all when I want this. Setting for it?

Ernie_D

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2023
Hi,

To my big surprise I thought I had deleted all e-mails yesterday, both Inbox, Sent messages and also in the Bin (Deleted Mails).

Both when I then opened my second Mac - ALL the messages where still visible in the Apple Mail-app on that computer.

Is there a setting we need to enable to delete them finally from all Apple-servers and in ALL clients, iPhone, all my Macs + iPad?

Very strange **** this, and would very much liked to wipe out all when I want this. Setting for it?
The Stamp Size pages along the bottom of the iPad E-mail Page drove me nuts but I finally figured it out. Working left to right; touch the first one on the left with the tip of a finger and move it to the left side of the screen and it will open to a column over the top of the e-mails in your in-box. At the top center of this newly opened column there will be “3” Dots in a small shaded oblong box. Touch it with your finger tip and a menu will open up with the option to delete the page. Once I figured it out it took less than a minute to get rid of the five postage stamp size tabs at the bottom of my e-mail page That had been bugging me forever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.