Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Hi, I have a 13" MBookPro mid 2012 running Mojave. I recently let a colleague borrow it and when rerturned, each time I boot and make an internet connection I get the prompts shown below (I've masked the email address). I've never used iCloud and never intend to (I hold a lot of importance to my privacy).

iCoud1.jpg iCloud2.jpg

Is the only way to clear this prompt to request the password used? If so, what is the procedure afterwards to permanently disable the prompt?
If necessary I can perform a clean install of the OS, but prefer a quicker/easier way if possible.
Thanks in advance!

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Looks like your colleague signed into iCloud. You will need to sign them out but make sure to disable Find My service first to disable activation lock. You will require their password. Then you can reinstall macOS and start fresh.

CooperBox

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Thanks for rapid reply.
Bearing in mind this is an Intel Mac and not one with a T2 chip.
After I've done the first steps you advise with the use of his iCloud password, is it essential to reinstall macOS? If I don't, will this Mac still be linked to his iCloud password?

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Not required to reinstall macOS but why you want to use colleagues account? You can create another admin account and from there delete colleagues account. No need to leave detritus sitting around.

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
Reason #1 as to why NO ONE should ever "use" your Mac unless you're monitoring them so as to know what they're doing...

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Reason #1 as to why NO ONE should ever "use" your Mac unless you're monitoring them so as to know what they're doing...
I agree with the monitoring part of your statement. I think it’s reasonable to enable the Guest account or create a non-admin account for someone else to use the computer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.