Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I cannot do multi-tasking, slideover nor multiple apps slideover on my IPP 12.9" 2nd gen. How to do the things he is doing between 2:54 and 3:12? Clicking and dragging icon out of the dock makes all icons wriggle with a cross on the top left waiting to be deleted. Slide over and opening two apps do not seem to work for me. Do I have to make changes in some settings to enable the new features?

If I launch an app (e.g. safari) and then slide my finger from the bottom of the screen to the top to reveal the dock (like what the person does in the below video at 3:18), safari automatically disappears from the screen (it is still launched as it showed up when I double click the physical home button).

Under Settings->General, Allow Multiple Apps, Picture in Picture, Gestures and Show Suggested and Recent Apps are all turned on my default.

Last edited:

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
I am having a similar issue. Slide over doesn’t “slide” to the side, it keeps bouncing back. Any suggestion about how to fix it?

iphnhelp

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2010
It’s because this beta is very rough and I’m surprised they released it as a PB1 after urging people to wait... not seeing much of a quality difference than the first WWDC build.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
I am having a similar issue. Slide over doesn’t “slide” to the side, it keeps bouncing back. Any suggestion about how to fix it?

I was flummoxed by this and accidentally discovered the solution. Slide right by holding there very most right edge of the window, all the way off the screen (the handles and other gestures don't seem to work). It seems to only work on the right hand side, so if you have slide over on the left, it won't slide off to the left by doing the opposite steps.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
For slideover the controls are: -

- Use the top handle to drag an app between slideover and side by side (and back again)
- Use the bottom handle (flick or drag up) to enter slideover exposé
- To slide a slideover window offscreen place by dragging it from its left or right edge off the right hand of the screen. Drag in from the right of the screen to bring it back.

gusnyc

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2007
New York City
Thank you for your answer! That is a slightly different way to use it that’s iOS 12! Thank you again! You made my life much easier.

For slideover the controls are: -

- Use the top handle to drag an app between slideover and side by side (and back again)
- Use the bottom handle (flick or drag up) to enter slideover exposé
- To slide a slideover window offscreen place by dragging it from its left or right edge off the right hand of the screen. Drag in from the right of the screen to bring it back.

Reactions: Feenician

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Thank you for your answer! That is a slightly different way to use it that’s iOS 12! Thank you again! You made my life much easier.

Nice! I just replied to you in the other thread but I guess you can ignore it now you've got it figured out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.