Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViviFox

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
HELP!! I've accidentally erased all my notes permanently on my iphone, but they are still in one of my backup files. Went on icloud but the permanent deletion had already synced. Wondering if any of you already had that problem. I don't really trust these third party apps because they have no reviews and i'd rather hear from you guys first. Has anyone tried any recovery software or app that they could suggest ? Ideally free and clean if at all possible....

Please let me know! I'm desperate to find a solution for my 78 lost notes.
[doublepost=1520472417][/doublepost]Also, tried restoring the phone twice with old backup and see my notes but then before i can do anything, they are wiped clean from the sync right before my eyes... This is soo frustrating!

Last edited:

TiggrToo

macrumors 601
Aug 24, 2017
Hi I've accidentally erased all my notes permanently on my iphone, but they are still in one of my backup files. Went on icloud but the permanent deletion had already synced. Wondering if any of you already had that problem. I don't really trust this third party apps because they have no reviews and i'd rather hear from you guys first. Has anyone tried any recovery software or app that they could suggest ? Ideally free and clean if at all possible....

Please let me know! I'm desperate to find a solution for my 78 lost notes.
[doublepost=1520472417][/doublepost]Also, tried restoring the phone twice with old backup and see my notes but then before i can do anything, they are wiped clean from the sync right before my eyes... This is soo frustrating!
Can't you restore in Airplane mode to stop the sync?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If the backup was made with iTunes, you can try iExplorer.

Moving forward, I suggest you make additional iPhone backups with iMazing, so that you have multiplle backups to choose from, and you won't have to worry about sync screwing up your restore process.

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
If your phone is syncing Notes with your computer there should be a "recently deleted" folder in Notes on the Computer. They stay there for 30 days.

Screen Shot 2018-03-13 at 09.24.22.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.