Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
Until a few months ago you could ask HomePod to favourite the currently playing track (Siri favourite this track). Since then when I do that it says “ok here’s a station picked just for you”, doesn’t add the track to favourites and proceeds to play this station. I know Siri is nothing short of an abortion but WTF??

Don’t know if this has any relevance but this is UK English and happens on all my HomePods.

Does it work for anyone else, or how is it supposed to be done now? Thanks.

erihp

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
Until a few months ago you could ask HomePod to favourite the currently playing track (Siri favourite this track). Since then when I do that it says “ok here’s a station picked just for you”, doesn’t add the track to favourites and proceeds to play this station. I know Siri is nothing short of an abortion but WTF??

Don’t know if this has any relevance but this is UK English and happens on all my HomePods.

Does it work for anyone else, or how is it supposed to be done now? Thanks.
maybe try saying a different phrase?
i dont use this feature but try, 'siri, add this song to my favorites'

StumpyBloke

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 21, 2012
England
maybe try saying a different phrase?
i dont use this feature but try, 'siri, add this song to my favorites'

Thanks. But tried it and it says it couldn’t find a playlist called favourites. Indefensible how bad this is. Sack the whole damn team!

erihp

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2020
Thanks. But tried it and it says it couldn’t find a playlist called favourites. Indefensible how bad this is. Sack the whole damn team!

I got a new one last night. 'Hey siri what time is it?' used to just work. As of last night no matter how I phrase it, the response is 'i found some web results...' THIS USED TO WORK.

very frustrated as well

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.