Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

miles8888

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
I know I can SEARCH and OPEN any app from my home screen by pulling down and using the search field.

However I often want to find the app's icon in order to move it/delete it, etc. (ie: Not to OPEN the app, just to find its icon on my devices screen). As I have many apps (more than 15 screens full) it is difficult and time-consuming to locate the apps icon. Also, some of my apps are in folders which makes this process even more difficult. Does anyone know of a quick/easy way to go directly to an apps icon?

Thank you.

casperes1996

macrumors 604
Jan 26, 2014
Horsens, Denmark
It won’t help with moving the icon, but at least for deletion, you can find it in Settings. There they are in alphabetic order, and can be searched too.

miles8888

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Thank you. But as far as I can tell it is NOT possible to delete an app from the Settings. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can see all my maps, but there is no way to delete them.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Thank you. But as far as I can tell it is NOT possible to delete an app from the Settings. Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can see all my maps, but there is no way to delete them.
If you go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage, you should be able to select an app there and the next screen will show you various options related to its storage usage as well as an option to delete the app.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.