Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
Hello,

I would be grateful if someone could guide me to where I can find a new battery for my MacBook Pro 13 Retina, Early 2015. Since it is no longer available from Apple and has been discontinued, I am unsure if it is available elsewhere.

The battery details are as follows: Model: A1582 Voltage: 11.42V Capacity: 74.9 Whr (6559mAh)

Thank you.

Kind regards,

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
Duracell Direct is a good source for one of the extremely rare battery brands that is reliable in respect of batteries for older laptops. 2-Power is the brand. I bought mine for a 2009 MacBook and it has been excellent. I got it from the Duracell UK site. Not sure if the same batteries are available on the US site.

Otherwise you'll likely buy a cheap battery from Amazon or eBay and find it doesn't work, or fails after a week. It's a challenge finding reliable batteries for older laptops and as such, thanks to my own experience ce of buying junk and then eventually discovering 2-Power I now regularly champion 2-Power on these boards.

Reactions: savve

savve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
Duracell Direct is a good source for one of the extremely rare battery brands that is reliable in respect of batteries for older laptops. 2-Power is the brand. I bought mine for a 2009 MacBook and it has been excellent. I got it from the Duracell UK site. Not sure if the same batteries are available on the US site.

Otherwise you'll likely buy a cheap battery from Amazon or eBay and find it doesn't work, or fails after a week. It's a challenge finding reliable batteries for older laptops and as such, thanks to my own experience ce of buying junk and then eventually discovering 2-Power I now regularly champion 2-Power on these boards.
Thank you kindly!! I appreciate your time to answer me. I´ll have to write them, my model is not on the list.

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
It would seem that Duracell Direct UK has the battery model, A1582, you're looking for in stock in its 2-Power version. I assume you're not in the UK?

Reactions: savve

savve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 1, 2024
It would seem that Duracell Direct UK has the battery model, A1582, you're looking for in stock in its 2-Power version. I assume you're not in the UK?
Thank you kindly!! You helped me a lot and I´m truly grateful, bless you! Send you much love.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.