Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

albert1028

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I've searched all over the forums and can't seem to find it. I installed "installer" onto my iphone. I want to edit the displayorder.plist.

1. I can't find it even though i installed finder.

2. When i install textedit onto my iphone i can't seem to open any xml files in finder even though there is an association with those types of files.

If anyone can shed some light as to how to edit and find the .plist, please let me know.

Thanks.

Albert

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I've searched all over the forums and can't seem to find it. I installed "installer" onto my iphone. I want to edit the displayorder.plist.

1. I can't find it even though i installed finder.

2. When i install textedit onto my iphone i can't seem to open any xml files in finder even though there is an association with those types of files.

If anyone can shed some light as to how to edit and find the .plist, please let me know.

Thanks.

Albert

/System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/DisplayOrder.plist

Install BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH, then login via SFTP per my instructions found on this site (read: search), edit the plist on your computer and stick it back into the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.