Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snifferpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Trying to turn off encryption for my iphone se backup and it asks for a password.

I don't ever remember assigning a password since the backups occur automatically.

Is there a way to find my password without choosing reset, as that wipes all iphone settings.

Thanks in advance.

iStorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2012
Are you on Mac or PC? If on Mac, it could be in your keychain if you opted to save it.

Otherwise, I don't think resetting it wipes all iPhone settings...you'll just lose access to your existing backups and have to create a new one.

snifferpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Are you on Mac or PC? If on Mac, it could be in your keychain if you opted to save it.

Otherwise, I don't think resetting it wipes all iPhone settings...you'll just lose access to your existing backups and have to create a new one.
Can t remember encrypted iPhone backup password
  1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  2. Tap Reset All Settings, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap Reset All Settings to confirm. This will reset your settings and your Apple Pay cards will be removed. ...
  4. Your iPhone backup password is reset!
Jan 17, 2023

snifferpro

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Can t remember encrypted iPhone backup password
  1. Go to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
  2. Tap Reset All Settings, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap Reset All Settings to confirm. This will reset your settings and your Apple Pay cards will be removed. ...
  4. Your iPhone backup password is reset!
Jan 17, 2023
Apple is asking for your iCloud password.
I did try my Icloud password but that did not work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.