Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BISHOPSCM1000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2014
Recently many people have been having problems in Cydia with it not being able to refresh and instead getting the error such as "couldn't configure pre-depending dpkg for ncursers, probably a dependency cycle" or many other errors.. Here is how to fix it! Running iOS 7!

- Need another jailbroken device that is running with no errors to do this!
- Need iFile on both devices!

1. On your jailbroken device (broken Cydia device) that has iFile, go to /var/lib and delete the file labeled dpkg.
2. Now on your other device that works go to /var/lib press "edit" and select the file named dpkg and then select at the bottom (2nd option) the picture with a file with an arrow pointing down and create the ZIP labeled dpkg.
3. From there, select the new ZIP file you just made and mail it to yourself from iFile by pressing (4th option) the mail logo.. (After the email is sent you may delete the ZIP file.)
5. That's all you need to do with the working jailbroken device...
6. On your non-working device go to your mail and find the email you just sent yourself.. find the ZIP file you sent and hold it down. it will ask what you would want to open it in. Select "iFile".
7. From iFile, select "Unarchiver" and let it do its thing.
8. From there, select the blue file that IS NOT ZIP! (Should be probably be the 5th one down). Select the (6th option) that looks like a clipboard on iFile and select "Cut"
9. From there, go back to /var/lib, press "Edit" then the clipboard again and select "Paste"
10. Done! Now re-boot your device and refresh Cydia.

Attachments

• photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    98.2 KB · Views: 728
  • photo 12.PNG
    photo 12.PNG
    103.1 KB · Views: 423
  • Photo.jpg
    Photo.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 436
  • Photo 2.jpg
    Photo 2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 362
  • photo 6.PNG
    photo 6.PNG
    143.2 KB · Views: 376

pati78

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
Dpkg

Please some1 help me,
I have the same error but the problem here is that I don't have Ifile installed,
I have tried lots of other programs such iexplorer but I cannot ssh my iphonefoleders
please help me out

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Please some1 help me,
I have the same error but the problem here is that I don't have Ifile installed,
I have tried lots of other programs such iexplorer but I cannot ssh my iphonefoleders
please help me out

You would need to had either installed openssh or afc2add beforehand

All those programs you mentioned use afc2add

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Please some1 help me,
please help me out

Darrick is right. You need to have installed at least one of the two packages in order to access file system via USB cable or SSH.

Any chance you have iCleaner installed? You can try that. It has an option to fix Cydia sources. Not sure it'll work but worth a shot.

pati78

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2014
Hey Darrick,

First I wanna thank you for you time,

Is there anyway I can install openssh now because I don't have it?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thank you in advance

You would need to had either installed openssh or afc2add beforehand

All those programs you mentioned use afc2add

superdoido

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2014
Help

Could you post the file dpkg working? I do not have anyone working with jailbreak to achieve.

My IOS 7.04 Iphone 5

Thanks

zerotype2

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2014
I have the same problem. Can someone send me dpkg pls. Here is my email jnvc013@gmail.com

I'm on 7.0.6
Cydia ver: 1.1.12

Thanks in advance

Mafiarulz007

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2014
Recently many people have been having problems in Cydia with it not being able to refresh and instead getting the error such as "couldn't configure pre-depending dpkg for ncursers, probably a dependency cycle" or many other errors.. Here is how to fix it! Running iOS 7!

1. On your jailbroken device (broken Cydia device) that has iFile, go to /var/lib and delete the file labeled dpkg.
2. Now on your other device that works go to /var/lib press "edit" and select the file named dpkg and then select at the bottom (2nd option) the picture with a file with an arrow pointing down and create the ZIP labeled dpkg.
3. From there, select the new ZIP file you just made and mail it to yourself from iFile by pressing (4th option) the mail logo.. (After the email is sent you may delete the ZIP file.)
6. On your non-working device go to your mail and find the email you just sent yourself.. find the ZIP file you sent and hold it down. it will ask what you would want to open it in. Select "iFile".
8. From there, select the blue file that IS NOT ZIP! (Should be probably be the 5th one down). Select the (6th option) that looks like a clipboard on iFile and select "Cut"
9. From there, go back to /var/lib, press "Edit" then the clipboard again and select "Paste"

Actually by mistake i deleted all the folders in the "lib"
And now when I try to install cydia from deb file it gives me missing dpkg error

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 443

Mafiarulz007

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2014

See all folders r missing from "lib"
I would really appreciate if u could send those folders with files to me
I dont care abt packages and sources just want cydia to work without loosing 6.1.3 :(
Email Id is : mafiarulz007@gmail.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 360
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.