Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

angus999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
hi guys, I tried to take a video for fixing ipad pro smart keyboard.
I wanna share the way to fix it.
thankyou!

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2011
Rofl that was the best thing I’ve seen today. Great video!

but in all seriousness, I’ve reached out to apple support a few times since I’ve had this thing over the past couple years and they just tell me to bring to the apple store. It’s just hard to replicate the issue On the spot.

The caps lock issue is also annoying.

Any fixes without tearing this thing apart?

angus999

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2019
Rofl that was the best thing I’ve seen today. Great video!

but in all seriousness, I’ve reached out to apple support a few times since I’ve had this thing over the past couple years and they just tell me to bring to the apple store. It’s just hard to replicate the issue On the spot.

The caps lock issue is also annoying.

Any fixes without tearing this thing apart?
Thankyou for watching.
I don’t know what is the caps lock issue, can you tell me that?
and other way to fix is ironing. just heat keyboard, sometimes it works again(but in my case this way is just a temporary expedient.)

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2011
Thankyou for watching.
I don’t know what is the caps lock issue, can you tell me that?
and other way to fix is ironing. just heat keyboard, sometimes it works again(but in my case this way is just a temporary expedient.)
The caps lock issue is when the caps lock key becomes activated for no reason, even if you did not press it. Some times it stays all caps until you Disconnect and reconnect the keyboard

roccobladr

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2011
I wanted to comment on this as my keyboard had been awful and not working at all. I was resorting to using the Smart Keyboard as a stand and using an old Bluetooth keyboard.

Something really simple has allowed me to use my Smart Keyboard though: black electrical tape. I cut little strips and taped the side of the keyboard that connects to the iPad. There was a few spots where some metal was shining through so I taped them up and its been good so far! I hope this helps someone else out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.