Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

danallen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Houston
How can I change password on Catalina user while using Terminal in HighSierra?

High Sierra starts login is no problem.

Starting with Catalina is ok, except logging does not work, because the login for the user is a wreck.

1.png

2.png

danallen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Houston
I have not tried safe mode, but ibwill and will let you know how it goes, thank you for the suggestion

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
I did some thought. I imagined my system opening in safe mode.
How can safe mode matter?
Apple: "Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.
When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check."

Reactions: danallen

danallen

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 8, 2018
Houston
Apple: "Safe mode may help you resolve or isolate problems that you’re having with your Mac.
When you start up in safe mode, your Mac prevents some software, such as startup items, from loading, and it performs a check of your startup disk. Your Mac may take longer to start up because of the check."
Added this to my list of attempts to fix. Right now, going for a new installation of Catalina on a different disk, so the old one will still be around.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.