Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kjhoo101

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 4, 2014
Hey guys, first I am sorry for my bad English. I am not an English speaker. Anyway, I have a non-jailbroken iPhone 4S and it runs iOS 6.1.3 but today a problem is happened. My iPhone doesn’t boot. it caught in reboot loop. I know if I enter DFU mode and restore my iPhone using iTunes, it’ll be fine but I don’t want to update my iPhone to recent iOS nor jailbreak. How should I fix my iPhone without updating/jailbreaking? Please help me!!!

P.S. It's the first time to post on this website. If I break the website rules, please understand it and let me know. Thank you.

Last edited:

ThunderMasterMind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2016
Hey guys, first I am sorry for my bad English. I am not an English speaker. Anyway, I have a non-jailbroken iPhone 4S and it runs iOS 6.1.3 but today a problem is happened. My iPhone doesn’t boot. it caught in reboot loop. I know if I enter DFU mode and restore my iPhone using iTunes, it’ll be fine but I don’t want to update my iPhone to recent iOS nor jailbreak. How should I fix my iPhone without updating/jailbreaking? Please help me!!!

P.S. It's the first time to post on this website. If I break the website rules, please understand it and let me know. Thank you.
You can actually restore to iOS 6.1.3 in a very specific method that isn't too easy. (but it has to be powered on and needs a jail-break to run)

Have you tried hard resetting it by holding the power and home buttons at the same time while its attempting to boot?
While the Apple logo is on screen, hold the power and home buttons at the same time until the screen goes blank, then attempt to power on the device and see if it boots. My iPad 2 on iOS 8 sometimes gets stuck in a loop and doing this normally fixes it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.