Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wncmacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2004
I've got a situation with video shot by an iPhone 14 Pro Max in the Apple Camera app.

I imported the clip (shot at 1080p) that is about an hour long onto my Mac and opened it in Quicktime. Around 10 minutes into the video, the clip auto-switches into slow-mo and stays there for the next 40 minutes or so, then switches back to regular speed to close the clip. In addition to the slow-mo, the image occasionally flashes (and this was not present in the lighting where the clip was shot). It seems to be related to the switch to slow-mo. When the video was recorded, there was no switch to slow-mo while it was going on - it seems to have made the switch on its own.

My question is this: can I set the video to regular speed in Final Cut so I can export a corrected version to YouTube? I tried making the change in Quicktime following instructions from Apple and when I save the clip to a different file, the slow-mo settings follow to the new file. And, what would have made the iPhone switch to slow-mo while recording and can I turn that off so it doesn't happen again? As I noted, there was no switch to slow-mo by the operator of the camera app. It just made the switch on its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.