Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alvin777

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 31, 2003
Hello, I reset SMC, PRAM, booted to Safe Mode, did the Disk Utility Repair, reset the bluetooth on Terminal, deleted its pllist (the file that starts with com.apple) but it still won't detect both the Magic Mouse 2 and the Magic Keyboard 2 (it did yesterday).

I checked the Hardware Diagnostics, it's all good, if it's the mouse and/or the keyboard itself, it'd be odd they both died at the same time but it's possible.

If I charge however both are detected.

As a side note, I did boot too Boot Camp Windows (and then that volume afterwards failed to boot, I erased something in th EFI Folder). I was wondering if Boot Camp somehow hijacked the Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Keyboard 2 and somehow is failing to release it for other OSes (pretty much how it happens when you use a Virtual Machine, only one OS can use the peripheral)?

Thank you in advance for the fix. I'm typing with the backup, not so good wired PC keyboard and mouse which is inefficient with the copy, paste & there's no gesture on the mouse.

Attachments

• Bluetooth Pane Error.png
    Bluetooth Pane Error.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 81
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.