Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marron Afable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
Previously, opening and closing the contacts app on my iPhone 6 initiated a sync for contacts linked to my Microsoft Exchange account. Tapping on "Groups" from within Contacts and then tapping and dragging down on the screen while in "Groups" was also another way to initiate an immediate sync even with the sync frequency set to "Push".

Now, in iOS 9.2, none of the methods work for forcing a contacts sync. This does not work even with sync frequency set to either "Push" or "Manual". The above steps work for Calendar but not for contacts. Is there another way to force an immediate sync for Contacts linked to Exchange?

Chr1st1an

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2014
Norway
You could turn off the contact sync and then resync the contacts by turning it on again.
I have done that in the past in order to get it updated.

Marron Afable

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2016
You could turn off the contact sync and then resync the contacts by turning it on again.
I have done that in the past in order to get it updated.

Thank you. This works. Unfortunately, updates made on the phone are disregarded. When this is done, the device forgets all appointments, contacts, reminders and notes that aer still on the phone and does a full re-sync from Outlook to the device. Any appointments, contacts, reminders and notes that exist only in the phone (un-synced), but do not exist in Outlook are permanently lost.

Could there be an easier way to force a sync?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.