Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ayman.abuomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
Hello every one !

I spent hours and hours to get this working but no luck :/

i have an ultra wide SAMSUNG monitor with a max resolution 3440 * 1440 and 100Hz

In windows, i easily can select this resolution and scale the ui by 150% so every thing look very good and crisp.

In Mac, when i select 3440 * 1440 the UI become very small so it is unusable and texts unreadable and causes eyes strain very fast.

So definitely i have to select an HiDPi resolution, i can see 1720 * 720 in Scaled Resolutions but it is also very big to use !

i installed SwitchResX and i have successfully made a custom HiDPi resolutions but all are locked to 60Hz !!

i tried many and many resolutions but no luck

How can i modify the refresh rates ? or force it ? while using HiDPi mode ?!

Please help me, thank you a lot

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I haven't used SwitchResX in a while but did you try, in System Preferences>Displays, holding down the option key while clicking the "Scaled" option and choosing via that?

Probably no help but I'm interested in your outcome.

ayman.abuomar

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2019
I haven't used SwitchResX in a while but did you try, in System Preferences>Displays, holding down the option key while clicking the "Scaled" option and choosing via that?

Probably no help but I'm interested in your outcome.

Thank you bro.

Yes i tried that but it is locked on 60Hz too

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I could be wrong, but 60hz might be "all you can get" out of it...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.