Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
The app is Pinner that yes I paid for.

Grab the ipa file (via iTunes), transfer to iDevice, and use IPA Installer's "Force Install" option

But now that I check, it has never been updated for iOS 9, so it may or may not work

Not sure if Filza's IPA installer has the option to override any firmware version checks

max2

macrumors 603
Original poster
May 31, 2015
Grab the ipa file (via iTunes), transfer to iDevice, and use IPA Installer's "Force Install" option

But now that I check, it has never been updated for iOS 9, so it may or may not work

Not sure if Filza's IPA installer has the option to override any firmware version checks

Thank you.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

I had to reinstall an older version of an app once. This was back on the iOS 6 jailbreak.

iOS 7 released and the dev of this app updated but didn't bother mentioning in his description that he updated the app to iOS 7. At the time my iPhone 5 was on iOS 6 (jailbroken) so this broke the app.

After a few support go arounds where the dev ultimately stopped helping once he found out I was jailbroken I used iFile to zip the older version of the app on my 3GS, transferred it via Dropbox to my iPhone 5 and unizipped it inside the applications folder. Doing it that way kept the file permissions intact.

Restarting my phone made the app appear on the homescreen.

I emailed the dev after that to tell him he'd never get another dime from me (this app was an app I bought).

Reactions: Snide and StarkCity

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
My Alarm Clock

Called something different now though…

My%20Alarm%20Clock.png

Reactions: Tylerlikenone

Tylerlikenone

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2018

How do you get the iPa

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.