Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

okan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Hi,

I’m currently running 12.4.1. As i’m having same issues with notification center(old deleted whatsapp messages keep popping up no matter what i do) i want to deleted everything reinstall from scratch(dont want to use erase everything thingy) is there a way to do that via itunes ? Can i restore it by selecting ipsw thing again? I just don’t want to install ios 13.3 bu mistake :)

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
if you have an iPhone 6S or newer you can't do it. When you hook your phone up to iPhone and restore it (format) you will be forced to update to the iOS version that is being signed now which is 13.3. The only thing you can try is to use "remove all contents and settings" in the phone settings under general/reset. There are mixed answers to whether or not this will keep the iOS version you are using now or force you to update to 13.3. Not sure you want to chance it but it's the only option that could possibly keep you on 12.4.1

okan

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Thank you!!!

if you have an iPhone 6S or newer you can't do it. When you hook your phone up to iPhone and restore it (format) you will be forced to update to the iOS version that is being signed now which is 13.3. The only thing you can try is to use "remove all contents and settings" in the phone settings under general/reset. There are mixed answers to whether or not this will keep the iOS version you are using now or force you to update to 13.3. Not sure you want to chance it but it's the only option that could possibly keep you on 12.4.1

Reactions: BugeyeSTI
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.