Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
With the last beta update my UAD soundcard stopped working and I can not live without it. I am no longer going to use betas. =)

I have everything backed up on a Time Machine...can anyone recommend how I could reformat my computer to the last un-beta version and backup everything from my Time Machine so that I can get it all working again?

Much thanks.

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
You can format, reinstall, and then follow the migration steps during the installation to restore your backup.

Ebenezum

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2015
Lemans instructions are correct assuming OP didn't made a backup with Time Machine while using beta version. If that is the case odds of Time Machine restore working properly are much lower.

OP: You might want to consider making a clone of your Mac to another external drive with Disk Utility, SuperDuper! or other such software for redundancy reasons. Not to mention that if Mac refuses to boot for some reason you can easily boot from clone unlike Time Machine backup...

leman

macrumors Core
Oct 14, 2008
Lemans instructions are correct assuming OP didn't made a backup with Time Machine while using beta version. If that is the case odds of Time Machine restore working properly are much lower.

You can still restore the data... yeah, restoring system settings might run into some issues.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
With the last beta update my UAD soundcard stopped working and I can not live without it. I am no longer going to use betas. =)

I have everything backed up on a Time Machine...can anyone recommend how I could reformat my computer to the last un-beta version and backup everything from my Time Machine so that I can get it all working again?

Much thanks.
Option key boot to the TM disk and you will get a recovery screen. From there start Disk Util and go to the erase tab and format the internal drive to Mac OS Extended (Journaled) then quit Disk Util. Then click restore. You will get a screen similar to this. Scroll down to the OS X version / date you want and select it then click continue.

14d Select a Backup.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.