Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

3Flames

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2011
I am using an iPod Touch 4th generation on 6.1.5.

As the title says, I would like to be notified by my apps on the lockscreen, but through banners, not with alerts.

For example: currently when I receive a notification, it wakes up my iPod and appears like this, an ugly overt pop-up alert that covers up my clock.

I would like notifications to still wake up my ipod, but appear like this, a nice clean banner which can even stack up multiple notifications.

However as much as I alter and tweak my settings, the notification ALWAYS appears as the pop-up alert instead of the banner. When I close and re-open the lockscreen it'll automatically change from an alert to a banner, but I want it to NEVER be an alert. I can get it to appear as a banner straight away on other screens, (like inside apps and on the springboard,) but not for the lockscreen.

Is what I want possible with apple's settings? I have a jailbroken iPod, so are there any tweaks I can use to achieve this?

Thankyou!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.