Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbello

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2015
Porto Alegre - Brasil
Hi everyone, I'm using iOS 9.1 beta and I want to get out the Beta Program, so I have some questions:

When iOS 9 public be released, is possible 'back' to iOS with my backup on 9.1?

If 'no', what can I do to get out and keep my data?

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
I am in the same boat - I need to sell my iPhone 6 and want to put it back to iOS 9. How do I downgrade the is on my phone?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I am in the same boat - I need to sell my iPhone 6 and want to put it back to iOS 9. How do I downgrade the is on my phone?
Uninstall the public beta profile, put the phone into recovery mode and let iTunes do the work of restoring your phone to the latest released version.

Reactions: TruthWatcher412

garlicbread24

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone, I'm using iOS 9.1 beta and I want to get out the Beta Program, so I have some questions:

if you are on 9.1 and your backup is on 9.1 the 9.0 release will not recognize the 9.1 backup. you can wait until 9.1 comes out then restore your phone from the backup. until then don't update to any new beta releases

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
What if I have a 9.0 back up via iTunes? Can I just restore from that back up and down grade from 9.1 to 9?

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA

you can't use a 9.1 backup with anything lesser. Best you can do, if your backup is that important, is not load anymore betas and when the public release of 9.1 drops, do a restore to clean out any crap and load the public version.

if the backup isn't important, copy your photos, contacts etc and set up as new

CoriG

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2011
Uninstall the public beta profile, put the phone into recovery mode and let iTunes do the work of restoring your phone to the latest released version.
So I should wait until the public version of is hits and then put it in recovery restore from my iTunes back up? I backed my phone up to iTunes (when it was iOS 9) last week because my previous back ups had disappeared. I did not even think that my phone needs to be back on 9 before I get my new phone (otherwise I won't be able to restore from a back up) when I uploaded iOS 9.1. I am just trying to figure out how to go back to 9 without losing too much data.

Help

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So I should wait until the public version of is hits and then put it in recovery restore from my iTunes back up? I backed my phone up to iTunes (when it was iOS 9) last week because my previous back ups had disappeared. I did not even think that my phone needs to be back on 9 before I get my new phone (otherwise I won't be able to restore from a back up) when I uploaded iOS 9.1. I am just trying to figure out how to go back to 9 without losing too much data.

Help
That sounds about right. If you have an iOS 9 backup (and assuming everything is good with it, given that it's from a beta and something could be off about it, like the others have disappeared for example), then once you install the latest public version (which will be iOS 9.0 at that time) you should be able to put that backup onto the phone.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
What if I have a 9.0 back up via iTunes? Can I just restore from that back up and down grade from 9.1 to 9?
If you are selling your phone why would you want to put your backup back on it? Just restore it via iTunes as C DM stated (after removing the beta profile) and let it roll. You can do that now and put 8.4.1 on it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.