Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SaintNick289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
How do I get rid of this Dial "2804"? It shows up with any number or contact I call. And how did it get there?! Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 167

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
How do I get rid of this Dial "2804"? It shows up with any number or contact I call. And how did it get there?! Thanks.

Enter a phone conference code at a tap: Many of us have had to dial either hard-to-remember extensions or conference room codes at some point. If you find yourself making those calls frequently, you can simplify the process. Go to the Keypad section of the Phone app and enter the phone number you dial; then, at the end, tap and hold the pound key until it turns into a semicolon. Now enter the passcode or extension, and then add the whole shebang to a new or existing contact record. Next time you dial that contact or number, you’ll see a small button in the bottom left that says “Dial” with the code you entered; tap that to have it entered on the keypad automatically.

http://www.macworld.com/article/2144604/33-great-tips-and-tricks-for-ios-7.html

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
How to get rid of this dial extension

Check your Contacts app for an address book entry "(888) 888-8888" and remove it.

That phone number is an actual phone number.

SaintNick289

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2014
It doesn't matter what the number is. I can call any number, contact or not and it always shows up. I used the 888-888-8888 number for an example to take the screenshot.
I would like to know how to get rid of it all together.

Winona Northdakota

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2010
It doesn't matter what the number is. I can call any number, contact or not and it always shows up. I used the 888-888-8888 number for an example to take the screenshot.

I would like to know how to get rid of it all together.

That dial button signifies that an extension exists for the phone number being dialed, most conveniently with its' corresponding entry in the contacts app. If it continually displays on the dial pad, I would perform a hard reset and restoring as new, which might clear it up. I would first check my address book entries in the contacts app, to see if there are extensions added to all contacts or not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.